This position is responsible for managing all phases and activities associated with technical infrastructure solution projects engaged by technical delivery consultants. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages, oversees, and directs project teams including setting priorities, scheduling, coordinating, and the reporting of team activities. Coordinates resource schedules with other practice teams, business units, and 3rd party contractors to orchestrate and plan the activities for assigned projects.
- Provides weekly and monthly reporting on all project deliverables, schedule, and cost. Prepares kick-off meeting, project plans, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, action items, issue logs, risk assessments, documents business decisions, and facilitates necessary project team meetings on assigned projects. Maintains close, professional relationships and close collaboration with client and partner project managers and key project staff/stakeholders.
- Works to develop best practices for project management disciplines and communicate with and develop business partnerships with Sirius Practice Leaders to instill professional project management disciplines in all Sirius delivered projects.
- Manages all project management deliverables that support scope management, quality management, resource management, schedule management, risk management, communications management, 3rd party contract management for service delivery, and overall P&L responsibility for a variety of projects.
- Identifies and manages potential areas for change management to provide high financial integrity and high client satisfaction on assigned projects.
- Works closely with delivery team on test planning and timely defect resolution for overall quality. Ensures that delivered system meets business requirements, quality standards, and conducts project closure.
- Provides presales support, develops PM services quotes for Brand Solutions and RFP s.
- Manage project budget according to contract. Responsibilities include forecasting and recognizing revenue as well as billing the customer according to the billing milestones indicated in the contract.
Position Requirements Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree in business, computer science, marketing, sales, or a related field
- At least five (5) years of IT experience to include three (3) years experience in managing hardware technical infrastructure projects and implementations for IBM hardware, Storage, Cisco networks, and software implementations
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to manage a minimum of four (4) technical projects concurrently
- Experience with formal system deployment and manages adherence to project management best practices, methodology, and procedures
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate complex technical ideas and information into easy-to-understand terms for non-technical people
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing and implementing complete project schedules to ensure required dates are met
- Demonstrated analytical skills in creating project plans and establishing timelines to ensure milestones are achieved using Industry accepted tools
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the change management process is utilized to maintain profitability, prevent scope creep, and ensures client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a team member
- ITIL and/or Six Sigma certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and internal technical teams and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.