Senior Project Managers lead and drive successful project execution with full profit & loss responsibility. Success will be measured on schedule achievement, customer success and financial results. Within this role, the individual will be responsible for managing the portfolio of enterprise project initiatives as well as the methodology, execution and benefit realization of the associated projects. This role will provide direct management of IT Project Managers as well as the portfolio of projects. SPM will assist to ensure the work of the PMO adds value, supports the global strategy of the organization and meets the goals set by executives.
Essential Position Duties:
- Assist in the vision, mission and strategy for the PMO.
- Define, communicate and reinforce the PMO vision; make it visible.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define & communicate the PMO roadmap.
- Break down and prioritize delivery of products and features by developing and maintaining the product backlog, user stories, and cross-product dependencies.
- Enable incremental delivery of features over multiple releases, minimizing time-to-market.
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements.
- Establishes key performance indicators and other valuable metrics to guide decision making and measure success.
- Defines and manages an effective resource capacity model, used to inform project prioritization and timelines.
- Leads PPM related governance and steering committee meetings.
- Acts as the overall lead for the project intake process and is the key point of contact for leaders making project requests.
- Provides project portfolio status updates and metrics to senior management.
- Enables a culture of continuous process improvement through the use of metrics, surveys retrospectives and other methods.
- Coaches and develops the skills of the project managers on the PMO team.
- Collaborate with business units to fully understand their current and future project needs.
- Establish PMO processes and metrics to provide improved visibility and transparency.
- Develop a skilled and effective team that delivers projects on-time and within budget.
- Ability to influence others and get buy-in for PMO processes.
- Understand and appreciate the needs and challenges of individual business units.
- Supports the project teams and organization by being realistic with project commitments.
- Advocate for tracking and using metrics in support of our processes and decision making.
- A bias for action is important, understanding that some areas will be able to move faster than others.
- Understands, organizes and presents complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Synthesizes data into actionable strategies to tell the story/communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Establish good level of working relationship with vendors and subcontractors.
- Support and/or manage RFP process and response.
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Project Management or related field.
- Eight or more years of IT project management experience, with at least 1 year experience in PMO environment.
- Certified in PMP, ITIL, Prince II, Scrum Master or similar.
- Experience in Microsoft Project Online, Azure DevOps.
- Strong interpersonal and communication, verbal and written skills a must.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience.
- 3-5 years Information Systems experience.
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company's policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.