Are you looking for your net challenge in Application Project Management? If so, please see below. Our Enterprise client is looking to grow their team. Project Manager, Applications is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the development and implementation of technology projects as assigned. This position will work closely with the Applications management to ensure project plans are developed and implemented closely aligned with business objectives. This position will also work closely with designated business users and technical staff to facilitate requirements gathering, development and testing, and to track and report project status to management. In addition, the Project Manager, Applications will also work with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association to facilitate the implementation of Inter-Plan software releases. Job-Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in effectively leading and managing Information Technology related projects is required.
- 5-7 years of experience in applications systems using SDLC methodology is required.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design, programming processes and testing is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have strong project leadership skills and possess strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills. This includes conflict resolution, teambuilding, problem solving, and decision making.
- Must have excellent group facilitation and teambuilding skills in technical and business troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Specific expertise or experience managing personnel in the following disciplines is preferred:
- COBOL, JCL, CICS, MVS, DB2, and SDLC methodology.
- PMI Project Management Professional Certification is preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or