Title: Project Manager
Location: Louisville, KY
Duration: Direct Hire
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager in Louisville, KY.
Skillset / Experience:
The Project Engineer manages defined capital projects under consideration of internal and external regulations, product quality, economy, process technology, occupational and process safety, industrial hygiene and environmental protection.
• Support and evaluate engineering projects and verify compliance with required permits
• Evaluate vendor market, prepare technical and commercial bid analysis, and create purchase requisitions
• Control quality, operational readiness and factory acceptance tests of purchased equipment
• Perform feasibility studies, basic engineering and technical dimensioning of equipment
• Ensure projects are managed in accordance with engineering guidelines
• Develop, implement and maintain integrity of site engineering standards
• Steer and Control projects ranging up to and greater than $50mm in size
• Steer and control project progress in order to achieve agreed project targets with regards to timeline and budget
• Provide direction and assistance in the preparation of capital estimates, budgets, scope documents and schedule data for proposed or approved projects
• Responsible for project-specific supervision of contractors, suppliers and plant employees assigned to technical projects as necessary to carry out project completion
• Initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control and close projects related to both new or existing equipment and facilities
• Responsible for completion and accuracy of capital acquisition requests (CARs)
• Work with operations and manufacture personnel to successfully assure successful project implementations and start-ups
• Document key project measurements in project progress report and the project closure report
• Provide management, guidance, and training to assigned subordinates.
• Oversee the allocation of engineering support staff services
Occupational and process safety, environmental protection
• Perform and lead process risk analysis; support and implement corresponding action items
• Ensure and control compliance with internal and external regulations, guidelines, obligations from authorities and other requirements regarding quality, safety and environmental protection.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field (Chemical or Mechanical strongly preferred)
• 7+ years project engineering experience in a chemical process manufacturing environment preferred or similar.
• 5-7 years' experience in project management, especially with third party engineering teams required
• The ability to travel international on a project basis required
• Lean/Six Sigma Greenbelt a plus
• Must have excellent overall computer skills
• Ability to work varied work hours
• Must be a self starter and able to make fast and accurate decisions
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks effectively.
• Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making ability.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.