TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TiSTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking to hire a Project Manager to work in Washington, DC.
The Project Manager (PM) will provide expertise enabling the Department of Education (DoED) to implement a RMF Methodology that meets the requirements of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-130, Appendix III, Security of Federal Automated Information Resources. The PM will oversee team members to provide outstanding customer satisfaction and provide support to the DoED Deputy CIO for Technology and Resiliency and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
This position will require a C6 Clearance, or the equivalent to a Top Secret.
- Oversee large and highly complex projects.
- Create project teams, assign individual responsibilities, create project schedules, and determine and acquire resources needed.
- Ensure familiarization with the entire scope and requirements of the projects and serve as a liaison between team members and functional area management requesting the project.
- Serve as the source of technical expertise with regards to maintaining and improving the DoED RMF implementation.
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendations for strategic planning and improvements to security activities supported by TISTA.
- Develop, update, and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and management directives to support the Information Technology Center (ITC), the Network Security Operations Center (NSOC), and the broader community at DoED headquarters.
- Provide tactical production operations support and SA&A services.
- Develop and adhere to an effective Quality Control Program (QCP) to ensure services are performed in accordance with the PWS.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in the Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (must have)
- Experience with leading and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrates a proficiency with developing, maintaining and managing Security Authorizations and Assessments packages.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within program management.
- Experience with developing and managing Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M’s).
- A holistic understanding and knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as defined by National Institute of Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53 (current revision), Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems and NIST SP 800-53A Revision 1, Guide for Assessing the Security Controls in Federal Information Systems.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Possession of excellent documentation skills.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline
- Project Management Professional - Certified
Clearance: Top Secret
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are proud of our diverse team, are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Protected class. We are proud of our diverse team, are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.