We are currently seeking an exceptional Project/Delivery Manager in our Water Field Solutions Division. Trimble Water sells hardware, software and services to Water, Wastewater and related utilities in Europe and North America
This position is part of the global Professional Services and Support Team, delivering Trimble Water products and solutions to our customers; providing a variety of responsibilities and activities for the delivery of integration and functional design, development, testing and support of the solutions.
The successful candidate is self-motivated, diligent, possesses strong business analytical skills with the ability to produce manage and delivery projects on time, within budget whilst meeting the customers expectations and quality criteria. This unique position will also be required to manage and interact globally technical team collaborators as well as travel to client sites for face-to-face project meetings.
The individual should be able to work well within a team, showing themselves to be helpful and respectful to their colleagues. They need to be able to think outside the confines of their daily role and tasks to identify what else needs to be done and be confident to make suggestions and ask questions. Equally as important as needing to be a team player is the skill of working under your own initiative and being self-sufficient to problem solve where required, but also recognising when to ask for help and support. Making mistakes is all part of the journey of self-improvement and growth.
The Project/Delivery manager will be the face of Trimble Water and as such should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Regardless of what task is being carried out everything that we do is ultimately for the benefit of our customers and whilst getting involved in the daily tasks it is important that we retain the ability to step back and see the bigger picture of what we are trying to achieve.
This position requires a highly flexible and driven self-starter working effectively with the product experts and professional services technicians and within the established delivery process framework.
In essence our individuals need to be hard working, questioning, flexible, honest, determined, communicative, self-motivated and committed enough to `want to do things better'.
* Project Management and Delivery of Trimble Water Projects
* Creation and execution of Project Plans following the agreed scoping with the customer
* Delivery of a Project Kick-Off meeting with the customer, Regional Business Managers and Sales/Solution Partners
* Consultation with customers to determine their business requirements
* Ensure compliance with customer service charter and management of customer expectations
* Potential Pre sales engagement - supporting tender responses, presentations etc.
* Co-ordination of projects with the use of project management techniques including leading project teams
* Developing technical documentation including, project plans, project initiation documents, testing strategies, monthly reports and statistical information
* Providing professional support and guidance to customers at a range of levels
* Reviewing, developing and implementing processes and procedures
* Potentially training of Trimble Water solutions
* Resolution of customer project queries
* A minimum of 5 years experience within the software delivery industry is required.
* Clear, unambiguous and good quality communication is essential for this role, as the Trimble Professional Services and Support department is a Global entity.
* Proven track record of delivering projects both locally and regionally (i.e. across the US)
* Establish and/or assist in the clear definition and scope of the customer's requirements.
* Project management (PRINCE 2) or other similar recognised Project Management qualification
* High level of verbal and written communication skills with a proven track record of customer interaction.
* A team player but with the ability to work on own initiative unsupervised
* Ability to prioritise work load and work under pressure
* Decisive and needs to take responsibility for their work.
* A sound knowledge of GIS and associated technologies - especially ESRI based products.
* Participate in a variety of customer-focused activities to support the growth of the Trimble Water business.
* Energy and Intelligence with a willingness to travel - prepared to travel and stay away overnight at various locations around the US/Canada.
* A sound knowledge and understanding of systems integration.
* A proven ability to provide quality documentation and a proven ability to attention to detail.
* Previous experience of Water/Wastewater market and associated software within this industry
* Knowledge of Google based office applications, MS Project or other similar Project Management toolsets
* Understanding and knowledge of Cloud based platforms/solutions
* Presentation skills/Training skills
* Estimation skills are desirable.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modelling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.