Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverables, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
* Lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver initiatives and implement global IT programs for infrastructure, network, cybersecurity, end user management and applications/system architecture and back office systems to support various business units
* Lead and manage continuous improvement planning deliverables
* Design, develop and maintain a detailed work breakdown of tasks to be accomplished for the initiative and help ensure that tasks are getting accomplished on time and within budget
* Create an effective communication plan covering various stakeholders across GBS and business units
* Help ensure that solutions are being delivered are per standards of availability, scalability and security point of view and that are done on time with highest quality
* Help ensure that standards and guidelines are created for all aspects of systems requirements, delivery artifacts are reviewed and are according to standards and guidelines, and SLAs are being met for services
* Provide support and maintenance for the services being offered to the business and the environments in which they are offered
* Provide strong and deep technical insights in various disciplines across delivery and maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes and best practices
* Establish and maintain competence in current and planned versions of products
* Understand the use of industry tools/technology and their impact on project and operational goals
* Participate in process improvement initiatives by working across technical teams to enhance the systems, processes and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place
Strongly Prefer a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
Master's degree from an accredited college or university and/or PMP certification preferred
* A minimum of four to seven years of broad information technology experience working with one more more of the following: enterprise architecture, project and program management, systems requirements, network, security, end user computing, infrastructure, systems design and delivery, quality assurance and production support
* Demonstrated experience managing large programs such as data center consolidations, disaster recovery management, network globalization, end user management globalization, migration of applications to cloud based environments
* Demonstrated technical project management and planning skills and experience in managing system delivery deliverables including work breakdown structures and tasks like technical requirements, detailed design, code, unit testing, system testing and deployment
* Experience coordinating with deliverables across various groups to accomplish system deliverables and goals
* Strong management, leadership, communication, analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
* Strong understanding of project life cycle methodology and procedures with the ability to conduct an analysis of business needs, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of 4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled