Our client, an Ivy League University located in Princeton, NJ has an immediate need for an IT Project Manager for Strategic IT Initiatives. This position is full time, hybrid role that starts immediately and will last until approximately the end of 2022. Please note: “Our client requires all qualified candidates to be fully vaccinated upon their first day of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to disability or religious belief will be considered.”
The Project Manager for Strategic IT Initiatives is responsible for successfully managing multiple, complex, cross-departmental projects that involve changes to business processes, selection of software solutions, and IT system implementations. This project manager position carries the responsibility of leading academic and administrative departments, technical staff, and user communities through a variety of campus-wide IT projects. This position reports to the Strategic IT Consulting Manager in the Project and Technology Consulting Office of the Office of Information Technology.
Project Management (85%) • Partner with project sponsors to identify, prioritize and sequence the project goals.
• Manage the vendor relationships to ensure quality deliverables promptly.
• Anticipate, identify and mitigate people/organizational risks associated with a project that represents cultural and operational changes.
• Identify and help resolve project issues in an efficient and timely manner.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to understand, document, and prioritize requirements.
• Identify and refine processes where the proposed system will integrate with other departments and applications.
• Produce clear and detailed project documentation. Maintain all documentation in an approved repository.
• Produce an estimated implementation schedule, spending plan, and business case to secure funding for the chosen solution.
• Ensure that test scripts are created and tests are conducted to verify system functionality.
• Leads the team to design organizational structures for how support should be implemented post go-live Change Management (15%) • Serve as an advocate for project end-users and key stakeholders by working with the project team and advisory groups to identify and increase the awareness of end user and critical stakeholder impacts, and assist organizations in developing a plan to manage change for these groups to ensure their support and participation in this initiative.
• Ensure that a training program on system functionality is developed for end users
• A minimum of 8 years of verifiable project management experience leading software product assessments and deployments.
• A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project management principles and methodologies and successful implementation of IT projects in a complex organization
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, to a diverse audience, including active listening skills
• Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, collaboration and customer service skills
• Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and deadlines at once, and be able to determine appropriate priorities; must be able to make independent interpretations and make appropriate decisions that are in the best interest of the organization and that are consistent with the objectives of senior management.
• Ability to work efficiently at all levels of the organization and influence others to progress toward a shared vision or goal
• Excellent analytic, problem-solving and root-cause identification skills
• Ability to balance attention to detail while maintaining focus on the big picture
• Experience with packaged software implementations, including testing, writing end-user documentation, and training end users.
• Ability to read, create, interpret, and understand database schemas, flowcharts, requirements, specifications, user guides, sequences of operation, and other technical data; ability to understand and analyze the complexities of software applications.
• Good working knowledge of software and the related infrastructure in a production environment including computer operating systems, databases, networks, security, interfaces, and troubleshooting techniques.
• Previous experience working in higher education
• Current Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration. You can use this link to apply with us directly, simply copy and paste this link into your browser to get started:
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please call our J & J Princeton office today.
"Since 1972, J&J Staffing Resources has placed thousands of candidates at thriving local businesses. Let us put our experience to work for you!"