Our Project Services organization supports business goals through the delivery of projects spanning technology, operations, business continuity, and offshore management.
Our team collaborates across a matrixed organization to deliver business value through efficient, disciplined and predictable project execution of effective solutions to business problems and opportunities.
What you'll do:
Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross functional strategic initiatives.
They lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Accountable for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative including business, operational, and information technology deliverables
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and partners
- Directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and oversees all phases of a project
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters
- Validates financial forecasts, cost assumptions, and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Partners with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to track Agile development milestones and support Agile practices as needed.
MS Project What you have:
Required minimum qualifications include:
- 8+ years of project management experience, managing multiple large, complex and cross functional projects, with emphasis on product development, systems, and technical environments
- Proven ability to quickly build relationships and earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools
- Experience with and understanding of various software development methodologies, including Agile/Scrum
- Ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- BA/BS Degree strongly preferred and/or comparable work experience In addition,
ideal candidates will also have the following desired qualifications:
- PMP or PMI-ACP certification
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of JIRA or Confluence
- Background in the financial services industry