Project Manager with strong knowledge in the Performance Testing space.
Notes from us talking to the HM at our client site:
This particular team support commercial – all performance testing for .com, mobile, loyalty program, kiosks, - anything customer facing falls under the commercial pillar. They have a team of 3-4 off shore resources (prof services), 6 engineers and a PM on shore. With that, the team is divided where engineers currently focus on different applications.
The QMO will take a project from the developers – gather testing requirements, give project estimate, resource estimation, hours estimation, budget estimation. PM’s typically juggle between 3-5 projects at a time – new features, new work, regression testing, existing feature –ALL This coming in in parallel. They are responsible for all the detailed tasks and ensuring that worked is delivered on time and on budget at a very high quality per SWA’s standards. They should be someone that is comfortable driving work and working closely with the engineering teams. They have a lot of tight time lines. They will be working with multiple PM’s form the development teams and multiple engineers supporting multiple products across the commercial space. They will be meeting a lot with the architects and developers in order to understand the changes to the application and what needs to be tested.
The ideal candidate is someone that has been a performance engineer in the past. They understand the architectural diagrams, they understand how long certain tasks take, and aren’t having to go back to the engineers and asks lots and lots of clarifying questions. If they DO NOT have a performance engineering experience, they should be someone that really understand performance testing, that has some insight into the infrastructure requirements are around testing, and can speak to and understand this lingo.
5 years experience as a project manager is ideal.
Actual requirement details
This Sr. Project Manager will be working within the Quality Management Office (QMO), which functions as client Testing Center of Excellence. Candidates should have experience running project in a testing organization, as this work is specific to the Test Life Cycle. They will not be running development projects, but will work in conjunction with the software development PM's in order to ensure that testing is properly involved in the delivery of software and with adequate time lines, resources, knowledge, etc.
For this particular position, we are looking for a Project Manager that has very strong knowledge of Performance Testing, and ideally has worked as a Performance Test Engineer in their past. They will be working with a team of 13 that is dedicated to performance testing for applications utilized by the Commercial, Customer Service and Reservation groups. They should be well versed in performance testing within a multi-tier environment of applications that have multiple downstream dependencies. This team is a mix of primarily Professional Services contractors, Staff Aug Contractors, and a Tech Lead who is a CLIENT employee.
They should be self-starters that are very accustomed to managing multiple projects at once. They will need the ability to insert themselves in groups and build meaningful relationships with customers. As a PM, they will be responsible for creating project charters and plans, forecasting, managing timelines, statusing to leaders, reporting on risks and road blocks, and working cross functionally to ensure project needs are meet. Additionally, they should be knowledgeable and experience working in an Agile framework, particularly around Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management for mostly high complexity, high visibility project(s) over the entire life of the initiative. The Senior Project Manager understands complicated business objectives and scope and assembles a team to deliver superior results for their project(s) The Sr. Project Manager works closely with accountable Delivery Leaders in the Business and Technology to ensure assigned project(s) deliver on business objectives and value, while managing scope/timeline/budget and technical risk. The Sr. Project Manager will be able to provide support and guidance for both business and technology initiated projects. This position requires strong knowledge of technology processes and implementation procedures.
• Partners with Technology Managers and Directors to lead Technology projects in support of the department's strategic plan. Viewed as a project Leadership resource responsible for driving analysis, recommendations, decisions and delivery.
• Defines complex project plans for multiple simultaneous projects or for a single highly complex project including scope, budget and schedule and executes tasks defined in the project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices.
• Validates and helps develop business cases with Customers, as well as develops a project charter.
• Drives testing and acceptance of project results.
• Partners with resource managers, Business Partners and vendors to assemble a project Team and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion.
• Proactively monitors risks, issues, and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation.
• Leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations to Leadership.
• Engages and initiates change leadership.
• Drives Teams and Customers toward decisions.
• Establishes cross functional alliances within and outside of the Technology Department to drive results.
• Leverages governance for project benefit.
• Gains buy-in for project goals and decisions with "tough" and diverse Customer groups.
• Proactively communicates plan and all relevant components of the plan such as risk, schedules, expectations and ongoing updates to Stakeholders, Sponsors and Project Teams to maintain project alignment.
• Builds trust and influences without authority cross-functionally and across diverse teams.
• Builds partnerships to collaborate and uses influence to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with all project Teams and support groups.
• College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience required
• 5 or more years work experience in project management
• Knowledge of issues/risk management and project change requests required.
• PMP certification or equivalent work experience as a Project Manager required.
• Expert knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures.
• Expert knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint.
• Advanced knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions.
• Proficient financial acumen to interpret corporate financial analysis and financial statements. Proficient knowledge of strategic and financial analysis.
• Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations. Demonstrates and employs active listening skills. Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, at all levels.
• Assumes a high level of responsibility and provides direction in a Team-oriented environment, directing tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
• Manages highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment.
2107 Tarrant Lane Colleyville, TX, 76034Contact