I am recruiting for a high impact Project and Program Manager who can help lead and execute integration and transformation Projects. Job is located onsite in Glenview IL. Candidates are encouraged to apply and share info on availability, comp requirements if different from what's posted.
SENIOR PROJECT AND PROGRAM MANAGER
GLENVIEW IL | DIRECT HIRE
SALARIED $115K + 15K Annual Bonus + Benefits
VISION: Under general supervision of a Director, leads and directs multiple Integration and Operations programs and projects.
Integration Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading business and technology assessments during the transformation management phase, operational and technology planning as part of carve-out or merger integration transactions, as well as post-close execution management.
- Lead the Integration project team. Assign individual responsibilities and enforce accountability, develop and maintain a plan and schedule to ensure timely completion of projects. Maintain standard project management documentation and metrics with limited direction from PMO Director. Work directly with Integration counterpart, other project leads, and ongoing operations to manage scope and deliver successful integrations.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Directly manage planning, execution, separation, integration and organizational restructuring activities related to M&A initiatives
- Provide leadership in merger integration activities across planning and deployment, finance and risk management, operations transformation, go-to market work streams (Operations), systems integration, and program development
- Develop a streamlined integration roadmap tailored to various deal structures, within the framework of the overall integration methodology
- Drive development of overall integration plans, including all projects, communications plan, and synergy benefits
- Define transition plans, activities and contingency plans
- Create consolidated program milestones, interdependencies and communication plans
- Ensure that standard toolkits and methodologies are used for integration activities
- Lead meetings with stakeholders to move forward key tasks and escalate significant process bottlenecks, anticipated delays and critical path analysis
- Manage stakeholder communications, including company executives, functional resource owners, and acquired company management
- Manage reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items
- Drive and execute key activities within each integration phase
- Provide dashboards to monitor integration status
- Track continuous improvements such as measuring and surveying various areas, incorporating feedback into updated integration processes and tools, etc
Portfolio Management Responsibilities:
- For the Operations Portfolio, responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities and enforcing accountability, developing and maintaining a budget and schedule to ensure timely completion of projects. Work directly with client counterpart, other project Stakeholders, and ongoing operations to deliver successful implementation and manage scope.
- Execute Project Plan as part of the company’s SDLC Framework: Execute tasks as defined in the plan in order to achieve project goals. Create, update, and maintain project plans, weekly status reports and management reports.
- Obtain Project Approval: Obtain project plan approval from stakeholders in order to formalize the project management approach.
- Communicate Project Plan: Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan in order to align stakeholders and integration team members. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Communicate with Others: Provide information to others both internal and external to the organization; represent the organization to stakeholders, customers and other external sources.
- Execute Resource Allocation: Manage resource allocation proactively by ensuring that appropriate resources and tools are assigned to the tasks according to the project plan in order to execute the planned tasks successfully.
- Lead Project Team Members: Provide leadership to integration team members in order to achieve goals of the program. Assist project team members adjust to organizational change.
- Monitor and Control Project Work: Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor progress of the project. Identify and quantify variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Manage Risks and Issues: Manage reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items.
- Manage Change to Project Scope: Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan and facilitate stakeholder acceptance.
- Close Contractual Obligations: Formalize final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the completed integration complies with agreed deliverables, agreed scope, and any organizational procedures in order to close contractual obligations.
Assist Operations Portfolio Owner with the following items:
- Provide resource capacity views and analyze information to balance supply and demand.
- Assist Technical Leadership in release roadmap development and planning.
- Assist Technical Leadership in preparation for Prioritization & Project Intake Meetings.
- Surface risks/issues/dependencies at Portfolio Level for resolution.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 Certification preferred.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 7-10 years of project management related experience. Prior experience in M&A Integration is a plus.
- Broad understanding of Corporate functions – Commercial, Operations, Finance.
- Background working in a PMO environment and a good understanding of Project Management practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support team building; builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to advocate a creative atmosphere, facilitate meetings, and envision a final and overall acceptance early in the transformation phase.
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results through a win-win relationship.
- Ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process.
- Ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and developing the risk management plan in order to reduce uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience with MS Project as the primary tool for day-to-day management including WBS, usage of predecessor relationships across tasks in well-formed plan, resourcing, and cost baseline variances.
- Experience with Clarity is a plus.