TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for the full life cycle of proposal and development from pre-solicitation planning through content management, consolidation, quality assurance, compliance, production, and delivery for core company-related RFPs and Task Orders. The Proposal Manager will work with capture leads, pricing experts, operations and contracts to review and support content development and help craft winning responses. The proposal manager will also oversee team members and coordinators during the proposal process as needed.
- Lead the personnel assigned to support a proposal effort, including subject matter experts, writers, and production personnel. Balance workloads, expectations, and deadlines. Own the project, make sure everyone else understands their assignments.
- Quickly and correctly interpret solicitation requirements and communicate them to the technical team.
- Create and control the proposal schedule.
- Assist and lead development of win strategies, themes, discriminators, and value propositions, and ensuring integration throughout all sections of proposals.
- Facilitate solutioning sessions, writing sessions, and editing sessions with assigned subject matter experts, writers, editors, and graphic designers to generate accurate content in response to a solicitation.
- Ensure proposals at each phase of development are at the appropriate level of quality (outline, blue, pink, red, gold drafts.
- Independently author non-technical sections of proposals as required, including cover letters, executive summaries, introductions, management plans, past performance descriptions, staffing plans, and other sections with which you have knowledge or experience.
- Instruct reviewers, facilitating reviews, and leading writer debriefs, resulting in effective feedback and improved proposal content.
- Bachelor s Degree preferred but not required. Relevant technical courses of study, certifications, professional writing courses, and other training related to any aspect of proposal development or proposal management will be considered in addition to or in lieu of an academic degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Healthcare IT experience and responsibility successfully driving high-quality proposals in response to VA RTEPs for IT services and solutions.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of total overall proposal experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal procurement processes, standard solicitation instructions, and proposal development methods.
- Superior oral and written communications skill.
- Knowledge of standard IT terminology sufficient for comprehending and editing technical content without changing or obfuscating the meaning.
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Word, and highly competent with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and other proposal technology a significant plus.
Location: Rockville, MD
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.