VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Proposal Manager who will report to the Director of Business Development Operations Management (BDOM). The Proposal Manager oversees all proposal activities, including managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, directing proposal personnel, and monitoring proposal progress. The Proposal Manager provides leadership to proposal teams in support of business development activities across all business Sectors.
* Location: VariQ office in Rockville, MD
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: None
* Available: ASAP
* Manage the development of Proposal Management Plans
* Participate in development and review of proposal strategies and themes
* Analyzing RFP/bid requirements to develop proposal outlines
* Ensure both compliance and responsiveness to customer issues and needs
* Build the proposal compliance matrices and track fulfillment of all requirements
* Conduct proposal progress status meetings
* Maintain the proposal schedule
* Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts
* Develop Color Team Review plans for internal evaluation
* Work with Volume Leaders to ensure inter-volume compatibility
* Ensure that Color Team Review comments are incorporated into the proposal
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors Degree in a related business discipline or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
* 5 years total professional experience with 2 years as a proposal manager
* 5 or more years of related experience supporting proposal efforts in a government contracting environment. Knowledge of the procurement process for civilian or defense agencies.
* IT Proposal experience is highly preferred
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.