Wits Solutions Inc. (WITS) is a SBA certified 8(a) company with headquarters in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area. We support several NAICS Code size standards as a small business. WITS is a fast growing and professional IT and Administrative technical consulting solution provider with 10+ years of experience in providing best-in-class solutions in the U.S. Federal, State and commercial marketplace and has provided services in more than 35 states.
Job Purpose: This position is a critical role in support of increasing business development by leading, writing and coordinating winning proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Write, coordinate and manage responses to federal government solicitations, coordinating the efforts of internal and partner company resources in line with an established process.
- Create, write, and revise proposals and materials as required. This includes but is not limited to: Requests for Proposals (RFPs)/Requests for Information (RFIs), Task Orders, and PowerPoint presentations. Prepare each section of the proposals (resumes, past performance, compliance matrix, outline and management approach).
- Manage all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission; and coordinate inputs from technical team, management, and finance departments.
- Understand and interpret the technical aspects of an RFP, as well as prepare, review and/or edit RFP/RFI responses.
- Support planning and analysis of RFPs, writing and collecting customer questions, outlining proposals, conducting compliance checks, participating in proposal reviews, supporting proposal production, and participating in Lessons Learned reviews.
- Perform edits, tone, compile and ensure a good flow across all proposal volumes
- Maintain company past performance/capabilities database and related write-ups.
- Develop creative presentations of past accomplishments (accolades, awards, CPARS ratings, etc.).
- Maintain and communicate regular detailed reports such as Weekly Activity Reports and Pipeline Reports.
- Ensure compliance to proposal instructions, evaluation criteria, and performance work statement
- Support general technical writing duties (e.g. meeting minutes, action items, agendas, reports, meeting materials, standard operating procedures, policies, guidance documents, and other technical deliverables).
- 3+ years of federal proposal writing and coordination experience
- Shipley trained preferred
- Ability to handle volume, multi-tasking and work in fast phased environment to meet response deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extensive understanding of capture plans and proposal development lifecycle processes including color team reviews
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, writing, marketing, or related field
- Strong history of winning government technology proposals.
- Proven ability to develop deliverables that are compliant with stated instructions and submitted on time.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated understanding of winning proposal writing methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veteran/Disabled