Niyam is a CMMI Level III-Dev appraised, ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, 8(a) and HUBZone certified organization serving Federal, State, Local, and Commercial customers for over 13 years. We are a growing organization, recently ranked by Inc. Magazine on their 2020 Inc. 5000 list. We are looking for talented professionals to rise to the challenge, enhance skills, and work with smart minds. Come join our team and grow with us!
Niyam is seeking a full-time, mid- to senior-level Proposal Writer to join our team at Fairfax, VA. This position offers competitive compensation and a mix of on-site and remote work.
- Write responses to Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, and other federal, state or international government requests, including Technical and Management Volumes, Past Performance, Resumes, and other special proposal section requirements
- Create compliant, compelling responses for assigned proposal sections/topics and create associated graphics, charts, tables, appendices and other information in support of proposal development
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirement are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Analyze government solicitations, identify response requirements, and prepare unique, tailored, and detailed proposal responses in compliance with government agency requirements
- Serve as Volume Lead and/or Lead Writer for Technical and Management Sections of proposals ranging in value from $1M to $10M+
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and work leadership to less experienced Proposals Writers, and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Review and edit proposal responses for consistency, compliance, win theme incorporation, solution accuracy, and other elements during regular and core team review cycles in order to create the final proposal submission.
- Remains current on all solicitation modifications/Q&A and communicates them to the team; revises schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle
- Coordinates with graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Collaborate with Capture Manager, Technical Lead/PM, SMEs as required
- Coordinates with creative services staff to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Uses automated proposal collaboration and document management tools, including SharePoint
- Support other Proposal Operations activities as needed
- Microsoft Office suite, including Project, Visio, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
- At least 1 year of experience as a Volume Lead, Book Boss, or Lead Technical/Management Writer for opportunities with the Federal Government
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to guide and effectively influence with and without authority; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management, proposal teams, SMEs, peers, and teaming partners
- Ability to work and guide teams to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging to communicate value proposition
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
Nice to Have:
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience writing competitive strategic proposals over $10M in value
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regards to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.