Must be on site 3 days per week, & telecommuting/remote available 2 days per week
Proposal Writer with AWS Experience
JHC Technology, Inc. (JHC), a Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, is looking for a Proposal Writer to be the next member of the Business Development team. As a part of the Corporate Strategy and Development division of JHC Technology, you will be part of the growth of a small business that has doubled year over year for the eight years it has been around. The CS&D division is a fast-moving group of tech enthusiasts that is pushing its clients and potential clients to be on the cutting edge of technology. From innovations in AWS and Azure to the implementation of virtual desktops and integration of Office 365, the CS&D team is the first line of partnership for our clients.
As a Proposal Writer, your role with JHC Technology will include the ability to work from home when possible and to be surrounded by like-minded, entrepreneurial teammates during office visits. The right candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in Proposal Writing, preferably with a technology background. You will be responsible for preparing content for JHC Technology sales efforts, from proposals, graphics, and templates to whitepapers and case studies. We’ve been fortunate to be on the leading edge of this industry and are looking for the next key piece in our race forward.
Proposal Writer Job Duties:
- Coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist the Bid / Proposal manager in developing a proposal structure.
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Proposal Manager against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required.
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical / product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Track solicitations utilizing multiple platforms from release through modification and to submission.
- Attend weekly in-person proposal planning meetings in or around Northern Virginia.
- Attend on-site Proposal Kickoffs, war rooms, or to meet partner requirements.
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in writing best practice.
- Present all new proposal content to the knowledge base manager for potential re-use.
- Read, review, analyze and interpret technical requirements and objectives of solicitations and other documents.
- Edit, proof, format, and provide visualizations for proposals.
- Facilitate and make revisions based on group feedback.
- Brainstorm, write, and review proposals from inception to final delivery, managing to meet schedule.
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
Proposal Writer Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with AWS based proposal writing is a must.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Graphic Design Skills
- Experience with Shipley Methodology
- Process Improvement Focused
- Strong Coordination Skills
- Attention to Detail
JHC offers full-time team members with a first-class benefits package, including company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, as well as paid time off, 401k, disability, life insurance, HSA contributions, and cell phone and gym membership reimbursement. We look for team members that want to push boundaries, especially around cloud.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Onsite 3 days Tysons VA