- Review accounting files prepared by clients to make ready for tax preparation and adjust as needed.
- Set up new accounting files with chart of accounts in applicable software
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, and financial reports. Assesses accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Helps develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems.
- Assists operations with interpreting financial key performance indicators.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations promptly and efficiently.
- Meets client commitments; recognizes and acts upon service opportunities.
- Client-centric interaction and problem solving
- Prepare compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Performing routine accounting for multiple clients including the management of accounts payable and general ledger examination
- Assessing and improving client processes to increase efficiencies and improve financial reporting and business analytics
- Completing financial analyses of business operations and key performance indicators to interpret/present results
- Providing key analyses in transactional planning and advanced accounting topics
Minimum of 1 year of public accounting experience and/or at least one full tax season
Prior smaller office experience, ability to handle multiple clients and personalities.
Experience with various tax entity types – C Corp, S Corp, Partnership, Non-Profit, Estate and Trust, and Individual
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Can-do attitude and approach
- Problem solving and proactive decision-making
- Adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results
- Ability to successfully handle multiple clients’ needs concurrently
- Highly self-motivated and versatile
- Enthusiastic, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a team player
- Always looking to improve and eager to grow in the public accounting profession