Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
The contractor shall provide expertise to support the Command PAO in the performance of duties to include proactively addressing the wide range of public affairs issues supporting and affecting achievement of the Command's mission. The contractor shall also coordinate across the staff to ensure the intent, messages, and themes for USFLTCYBERCOM/USTENTHFLT, subordinate, and partner organizations are synchronized, harmonized, clear, and consistent, and that all materials are composed using the concept of a unifying visual concepts and 'speaking with one voice.' The contractor shall remain attuned to ongoing and future planned Command activities; be familiar with the vision, mission, and intent of the USFLTCYBERCOM/ USTENTHFLT leadership; and remain well-informed and proactive in the staffing procedures for the organization.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in English/Journalism or a related field and at a least 6 years of job-related experience. Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are requiredMust have a current TS/SCI w Poly About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Applies expertise as the speechwriter to research, write, and edit a variety of materials, including, but not limited to, speeches, presentations, briefs, reports, editorials, congressional testimony, blog posts, and other products as required to promote and explain the command's position.
- Conducts coordination and integration across Command directorates and subordinate commands to gather, develop, and check the accuracy of information from a wide range of sources, then interprets and explains specifics on a variety of subjects. Prepares assignments based on input from subject matter experts, often culling information from a number of sources. Determines the overall organization of presentations, and edits information for clarity and accuracy. Additionally, writes and edits material tailored to specified media/audiences.
- Performs additional extensive research and rewrites submissions to organize, balance, and apply a consistent sense of style, grammar, and flow to the finished product.
- Establishes and maintains an electronic product repository of speeches and related information for use by the entire command to ensure alignment and integration of command message.
- Ensures that written materials are commensurate with the level and authority of the target audience consisting of the Secretary of Defense, members of Congress, general and flag officers, senior officials at the SES level, and other leaders at the highest levels of the Department of Defense and other agencies and private industry.
- Helps FLTCYBERCOM Public Affairs prepare Congressional testimony, written products, and information papers on a wide variety of issues, with audiences at the highest level of the Navy's civilian and military leadership.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).