A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation.
Our team helps organisations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritising emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you-ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm-s/client-s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm-s code of ethics and business conduct.
The Digital Products team creates high impact software assets that drive business solutions from strategy through build to support and maintenance. We are top tier strategy, creative, and technical talent who work collaboratively to solve clients- biggest challenges and deliver real, measurable value in a way that-s cheaper, faster and better. Job Requirements and Preferences : Basic Qualifications : Minimum Degree Required : Bachelor Degree Additional Educational Requirements :
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 8 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations. Minimum Years of Experience : 8 year(s) of information technology, data management and operations Preferred Qualifications : Degree Preferred : Master Degree Preferred Fields of Study : Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Business Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Library Science, Information Technology Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in managerial roles involving executing various aspects of data solutions architectures and the design, preparation and delivery of data services for product development and client delivery within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Working with the public and proprietary publishing and data industry and thorough knowledge of the industry, its players and their product offerings;
- Implementing data governance, privacy, usage industry leading practices;
- Developing data models for persons, businesses, topics, industries and specialized domains and acquiring curating and preparing data for incorporation into those models;
- Understanding and familiarity with the software tools, techniques and industry leading practices for data preparation, data cleansing, data transformation and the development of data pipelines to acquire and prepare data; and,
- Managing and operating data acquisition, processing and delivery pipelines in a production environment.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in leading teams involved in full life-cycle software and/or multidisciplinary development, including the following areas:
- Leading and motivating distributed teams;
- Fostering team commitment to tasks and influence key people inside and outside of the group;
- Having flexible communication style based on the audience (i.e., eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship; and,
- Grasping a range of functional and non-functional requirements to understand an application scope and define the right architecture including solution components and interactions.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or proven record of success in the following:
- Architecting and designing data services to support industry business solutions using industry leading practices in data sourcing, data management technology, data pipeline performance and scalability;
- Evaluating, defining, and when necessary prototyping and guiding development teams in a hands-on manner on alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution;
- Determining how to satisfy functional requirements using existing platform architecture, and data services, and where appropriate, work with Platform team and CDO to acquire and provision data services to fulfill particular needs and make recommendations;
- Providing direction and guidance, hands-on development support, data quality audit, development oversight, and support to successfully deliver on time with quality; and,
- Contributing to on-going process and methodology improvements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.