Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today! Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Python/Django Developer
to support our client at the National Institutes of Health.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to determine project scope and schedules
- Database design using SQL skills and experience
- Utilize knowledge of SDLC including skills in frameworks such as Scrum/Agile, environments such as Eclipse, and usage of tools such as Maven, SVN, CVS, or JIRA
- Assistance with development and design of GUI components as needed
- Employ problem-solving and multi-tasking skills to achieve project objectives within a team environment
- 3+ years of application/web development experience
- Ability to take direction, understand requirements, and be proactive in following up on tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with writing Unit Tests
- Computer Science degree or equivalent (Background of object oriented design, ex: C++ or Java)
- Optional but nice to have experience with: Angular/React/Vue, Sass/Scss, jQuery, AWS, ColdFusion
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.