Solidus is searching for a Software Engineer to join a team that provides research and development on a wide range of systems; drones, satellites, handheld devices, miniature sensors, high-performance secure cloud computing and many others. The Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing software systems and test beds to support research and development (R&D) programs. Developers in this group work closely with software architects, system administrators, and researchers in an Agile DevOps environment. The team delivers a mix of long-term technology products as well as rapid system prototyping and demonstration. Successful candidates will be comfortable implementing and maintaining software systems for efforts in both areas. This involves interpreting mission and R&D requirements into software implementations for local test bed environments as well as forward-deployed systems.
The Software Engineer's primary role as an implementer and integrator will be to:
1) Develop Python-based analysis capabilities for resiliency test bed
This includes ingesting and processing experimental data from the test bed and producing value and insights using statistical and ML-based techniques
2) Develop Angular web front ends
Develop web app front ends in Angular that communicate with various back-end technologies and APIs
3) Infrastructure Automation with Docker, Ansible and Terraform
This includes developing automation for configuration and deployment of the software services to AWS and ESX environments using containers and Ansible, and including infrastructure configuration with Terraform. This task also includes using automation to secure and harden deployed services.
4) Java-based applications for data processing and adaptation
Develop Java applications primarily focused on ingesting, adapting and normalizing data for downstream analytics. Secondary tasks include developing SpringBoot-based Java Microservices.
The Software Engineer will also perform related testing, and compose, compile, and maintain documentation for users and administrators. A secondary role will be to assist the development team in the planning and execution of effective agile software development practices. The engineer must be able to communicate, collaborate and work effectively within the team. They must also have a willingness to take on new technologies and work in areas and take on responsibilities that they are not necessarily an expert in.
- U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Security Clearance. Active Secret preferred.
- B.S. Degree in related field
- 5 years of experience with software/algorithm developments
- Developing non-trivial applications using Python, Java, Angular, JSON, Protobufs, Maven, Agile software development, source code version control systems (i.e., git & Github)
- Developing deployment pipelines using Docker, Ansible and Terraform
- Securing and hardening deployed services using Ansible
- Elastic Stack, Apache NIFI
- Unit testing and integration testing
- Developing, debugging, and executing software in a Windows and Linux environment.
- Producing, editing and maintaining documentation aimed at users and other developers
- ActiveMQ, Kafka and other middleware and messaging platforms
- Working in agile, scrum-based teams
- Building secure software systems using secure software development best practices
- Familiar with software build systems, such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Big data applications: Hadoop, Spark
- Springboot and XML tooling
Req ID : 4064
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.