The candidate will work closely with the equity buy side quantitative and research analysts to develop and support tools for data analysis, quantitative model implementations, market data downloads, data visualization, and reporting.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Analysis and implementation of risk and return models.
Developing systems for downloading market data from various sources and managing the data repository.
Development of a web based front end tools to aid quantitative and research analysis with an emphasis on data visualization.
Simplification and automation of existing manual processes.
Provide support for ad-hoc data and research requests from the investment team.
Provide support for overnight jobs.
This role is targeted to individuals that enjoy building software solutions that are data focused to assist with equity investment decisions.
This role provides the opportunity to learn the equity investment business as well as providing the opportunity to advance one s technical skills with a focus on data. Here are just a few of the technical areas this role will focus on:
- Relational Data (SQL)
- Unstructured Data (NoSQL)
- Equity Factor Development (Python, Matlab)
- Building visualizations (PowerBI)
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics or a related major
- 8+ years programming SQL queries and stored procedures (Microsoft SQL Server)
- 3+ years using Python, and C# is a plus
- ETL experience is a strong plus
Working with large datasets is a strong plus
- Building visualizations using Tableau, Qlikview, or PowerBI is a strong plus.
-Advanced Excel programming experience is a strong plus
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be comfortable working closely with business users
- Must be a self-starter as well as a good team player
- Must be willing to take ownership of projects and show strong client commitment
- Must document and share work done to aid in long term support
500 W Office Center Dr, Suite 400 Fort Washington, PA, 19034