Python Application Developer
At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers.
The Market Risk Project Team is delivering several solutions developed in Python. This position will allow IDS to support the ongoing application maintenance and future development.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Python Application Developer to join our team.
What great looks like in this role:Responsibilities:
- Development and support of Python applications
- Establish and implement best practices and standards with respect to design and development
- Participate in complex project design teams
- Perform impact analysis on various proposed technical solutions
- Understand the Project Architecture & translate into efficient designs that are scalable, maintainable, and re-usable, ensuring that designs are aligned with business & technical strategy
- Clarify and resolve design related issues with designers
- Review test strategy and test plans
- Highlight potential and actual design / development issues effectively and work through to the appropriate resolution
Our ideal Python Application Developer candidate:
- Ability to apply technical and business knowledge across multiple business functions
- Ability to work in close collaboration with project/program managers, architects, developers, and testers to optimize the quality of the developed product
- Skilled in interacting between internal business partners, internal IT teams, and offshore partners.
- Ability to effectively estimate time to complete development tasks
- Ability to work through complex issues, identify themes, and develop solutions, in time-critical situations
- Ability to adhere to project schedules and meet deadlines in the execution of job responsibilities
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar experience
- Minimum of between 3-5 years' experience developing complex solutions with Python
- Experience with handling flat files (CSV, XML, ETC)
- DB2/SQL Server/Oracle query and query writing
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third party contractors
- Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices
- Full Stack Python Developer (with focus towards data and mathematical modeling)
- Python Web frameworks (Django/Flask)
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud services
- Experience with build automation tools like Jenkins/Dockers or similar
- Knowledge of SOA and REST based service development
- Source control code management
- Experience using Agile development practices
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Knowledge of investment data and/or financial data
- Strong knowledge of Python development patterns, and application development best practices
- Demonstrated experience in solution design
- Experience with TFS or other source control software
- Previous work with RESTful services
- Familiarity with ETL development standards and best practices
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.