NOTE: This is NOT a QA role, needs a Developer/Engineer
With a multi-year project, client is migrating to Azure. As we spin up each new environment, we need to make sure every component is working as expected. The position we are looking to fill will first understand each component to be verified, design the verification process (test case), manually execute them and then automate them. The position will also help develop a tool to release unused resources in Azure and help with other automation tasks.
· Learn LinkedIn's tech stack, manually execute verification scenarios
· Analyze issues encountered, coordinate with subject teams to triage and drive to solutions
· Investigate and identify software infrastructure to automate the process
· Automate each verification scenario and productionize the automated execution
· Investigate and automate Azure resource recycling mechanism
· A generalist who has solid understanding and work experience with modern tech stack including software development lifecycle, building systems, deployment, provisioning, monitoring, alerting, security, data systems, micro-service architecture.
· A quick learner, who can understand complex architecture and technologies in short time (most of LinkedIn systems are homegrown)
· Minimum 2 years in automation including mechanics of GUI and command line automation, state of the art tools and extensive prior project experience
· Minimum 5 years working experience with large and complex software projects
· Strong hand-on experience with Linux, shell programming and Unix tools
· Strong hand-on experience with Python
· Good understanding and some hand-on experience with Java
· Ability to work with an array of teams and excellent communication skills