**Only W2 candidates will be considered for this position**
This is a long term contract position that will continue to be extended into 2022 and could convert to FTE.
This group is currently working remote and the position can continue to be remote on a permanent basis but the work hours will be based around PST as the team is based out of Sunnyvale, CA.
Pay range is $60-74/hr, depending on experience and location.
Seeking a backend Python Developer experienced with AWS and MySQL databases.
This role will work on a project involving a service that makes suggestions to users as to how to better use voice commands to improve their tv viewing experience.
Our Client brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career.
In the Content Engagement team, we work on building highly scalable and performant server-side applications to bring the best experience to our customers, and help our customers engage with the right content and the right time. Our team is responsible for engaging the broad userbase of Xfinity TV users by suggesting highly personalized voice commands at the right time. Our service sends more than 20 million suggestions on a daily basis to end-users while handling the trigger events in milliseconds latency.
As a key member of the team, you will be building the backend service of Voice Suggestions, develop new and improved engagement suggestions, improve the rules engine for suggestions generation, implement templating for the rules-engine, perform data analysis to gather the efficacy of engagement generation and optimize the service’s performance. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and have the opportunity be the owner of the service, implementation, design and the long-term roadmap. You will work directly with product teams and cross-functional teams to integrate with upstream services, and gain enriching experience leading and owning the service and have great impact on improving the TV viewing experience for Xfinity customers.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Take end-to-end technical ownership of the voice suggestions service
- Implement new product features following the full software development cycle including testing and deployment to production
- Design software and architecture and work with peers to solicit feedback
- Improve and innovate our algorithms, optimize the service, build resilient and performant distributed systems supporting the services Xfinity customers use every day
- Provide guidance and mentor early-career engineers
- Provide full support to run the services in production
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience.
Candidate Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in building highly scalable, resilient and performant distributed systems
- Strong coding and software development skills
- Strong hold on building technical design and architecture for scalable services
- Experience in mainstream programming languages like Java, Python, Go etc.
- Experience in building and owning scalable software systems, comprising of microservices and distributed in nature
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, TimescaleDB etc.
- Experience with asynchronous and concurrent programming using green threads/lightweight processes/threads etc. using any modern asynchronous programming frameworks
- Experience in unit and integration testing of software
- Experience in CI/CD deployments and build jobs using any modern CI/CD tool
- Experience deploying services in AWS or any cloud platform
- Experience analyzing data to gather metrics and statistics about services
- Open to learning new things, bringing new ideas and innovate
Nice to have:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience in Python3
- Experience with RDS MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience in asynchronous programming using Python3 asyncio
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Databricks using Python3
- Experience with Concourse
- Experience with AWS EC2
- Experience with Airflow