Apex Systems is seeking a FULLY REMOTE mid-level, hands-on Python Developer
for a hospital client in Maryland. Title:
Python Developer Location:
100% remote - prefers EDT Duration:
3-month contractResponsibilities and Tasks:
- Puts together Python-based web applications
- Designs, develops, tests, and supports analytics code and program units to coding standards and industry best practices.
- Works with Data Engineers and Database Administrators on new systems development and enhancement/maintenance of existing systems.
- Coordinates actions among users, operations staff, and outside vendors to recommend adjustments as objectives change.
- Manages project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables under supervision of the Director of Data Integration
- Passionate about working hands-on with Python as well as providing appropriate support.
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new technologies/methodologies and apply them to everyday work.
- Specifies and articulates technical problems, then collaborated with team on solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Life Sciences, Engineering, or closely related field OR equivalent related professional experience and an Associate's Degree. Additional Certifications preferred.
- Five or more (5+) years of hands-on development experience is a must,
- Robust experience with front end languages such as Python (Flask), HTML, and CSS.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases.
- Familiarity with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) - SQLAlchemy
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Solutions-oriented individual with strong communication skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com