Title: Python Developer
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
CyberData Technologies is looking to hire a Software Developer to support the National Weather Service at the National Water Center (NWC) in Tuscaloosa, AL. The successful candidate will work as part of a team that designs, develops, monitors, and maintains software and data services supporting flood forecasting and decision making software for the NWS. The software engineer will work very closely with government personnel, hydrologic scientists, and other partners, on a daily basis to make design and implementation decisions.
- Development of operational data services using RESTful and other implementations accessing bulk data sets.
- Development and use of monitoring services for data processing and science modeling applications.
- Configuration of production level services to meet client data storage needs including the ability to read, create and modify database models.
- Write and maintain technical documentation of systems and software, according to established standards to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Work within a small team to develop data services, optimize database implementations, support configuration management of integrated solutions, coordinate software releases, and collaborate within and outside team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of automated methods processing large datasets.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Skilled in use of Linux operating systems, especially RedHat and CentOS.
- Experience developing scripts using Linux shell, including bash.
- Experience using Git or similar software version control systems.
- Proficient with SQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Skilled technical writer (for test plans, operations manuals, etc.).
- Familiar with Python coding methods and principles.
- Familiar with Django framework, SQLAlchemy toolkit, or Object-relational Mapping.
- Knowledge of software/programming languages/tools: SQL, Postgres, Docker Containers.
- Familiar with system architecture concepts.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies in a service-oriented architecture and integrated development environment.
- Use of VirtualBox and virtual machine configurations
- Experience with event-driven software architectures.
- Familiar with RabbitMQ or some type of brokering system.
- Familiar with NoSQL data systems such as Mongo, Hadoop or others.
- Familiar with ELK stack analytics tools.
- Knowledge of NGINX or Apache web server implementations.
- Education and/or experience working in Physical Science field.
- Experience with geospatial databases and web-based geospatial technology.
Please submit your resume with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.