* This position in available in Reston, VA,Raleigh, NC, or Minneapolis, MN
As a Software Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing the solution by creating clarity and visibility for infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world.
- Helping us make the transformation from a successful legacy product to a set of containerized applications providing scalable, flexible services to customers
- Contribute to building and maintaining highly scalable Python processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics, etc.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of product backlog, as well as assisting in the implementation of features while adhering to sound Engineering principles.
- Take an active role in understanding and prioritizing technical debt.
- Contribute to the review and correction of defects.
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that is geared towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism, exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments.
- Actively contribute in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
- We require an intermediate level of proficiency with Python and the ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent experience where you learn basic software engineering concepts – functional programming, OO design, threading, multi-processing, design patterns, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years using MySQL/NoSQL and have the ability to evaluate and write efficient queries.
- 2+ years using Linux with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages.
- Working knowledge of developing multi-threaded or multi-process software.
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus.
- Prior experience in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration is a must.
- A working knowledge of current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly preferred.
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.