We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
Builds and maintains effective information software applications that assist the company in minimizing administrative costs and maximizing information flow.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes to new and existing software applications.
- Documents code with guidance from senior team members.
- Participates in design and codes small to large software applications as part of a team.
- Performs application testing to assure delivery meets the user’s requirements. Assists project managers in conducting fact-findings, which will result in the formulation and definition of the system scope and objectives for developing or modifying information software applications.
- Provides accurate estimates for a single application.
- Supports internal policies and procedures (standards, controls and metrics).
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively within own team, across other IT teams and management.
- Demonstrates ability to resolve complex software issues related to a single application.
- Demonstrates understanding of various departments within IT and IT's function within the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of application development experience using Python.
- Experience in integration design, development and deployment.
- Experience with an enterprise scheduling tool; Control M is preferred.
- Experience with databases, PostgreSQL preferred; Teradata, Oracle, DB2 are also acceptable.
- Experience with SQL is preferred.
- Knowledge of DTCC or insurance products is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Analysis or equivalent work.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support Our Veterans.
Athene is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.