Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a Python Developer to join our team in this role you will build and maintain new data flows for a high-profile customer project. If you are a developer who likes to experience a full lifecycle from planning to executing, from extracting, transforming, and loading data, we need your skills!Life with Us:Project:
We support a US Government R&D office who has asked us to rearchitect, reengineer, and build new data flows for an existing application. We've been assisting them in this capacity for several years and the data has become large and cumbersome. The application ingests large amounts of structured data, and then provides augmented attributes based on pre-established processes and an evolving machine learning model. We need your expertise to refine the application and workflows.Career:
At Maxar we're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.Day-to-day with your colleagues:
- Meet with the customer to understand and refine the requirements.
- Use Nifi and Python to create data flows and transformations.
- Understand the workflow of the project.
- Work with the customer to implement any requested updates.
- Move data storage to RDS.
- Work with security to ensure the entire system is compliant.
- Compile security controls and artifacts.
- Contribute to the Standard Operating Procedures and other related document.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI security clearance with required Polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Geography or related technical field.
- 5+ years of professional, related experience.
- Ability to automate workflows using Python.
- Experience with SQL and/or PostGreSQL/PostGIS.
- Knowledge of best practices for data standards, data management, data quality.
- Ability to communicate analysis to experts and lay persons alike.
- Experience with geospatial software such as ArcGIS, QGIS or willingness to learn.
- Experience using Python with spatial data.
# cjpost COVID-19 Update:
All Maxar U.S. employees and international employees who work in the U.S. and visit Maxar sites must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022 , except in cases where legally entitled to an exception. Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.