A Major Investment Bank in NYC is looking for the following:
We are a diverse and collaborative team of engineers and take pride in our craft and deliver expertly engineered code. We enjoy grooming and mentoring team members with the shared goal of building a best-in-class system. As a member of this team, you will be exposed to a variety of new technologies and the software you write will be used by analysts across the globe, run on large grids (30,000 cores) and deal with large amounts of data (multiple terabytes).
• Work on developing horizontally scalable components within the strategic platform being built by the team
• Write reusable and extendable code and become a key contributor of the core platform
• Become subject matter expert on code deployed on our platform
• Consistently work to make our software simpler
• Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve
• Experience with functional or object-oriented programming languages (one or more of Python, Java, Scala, C++)
• Strong background in algorithms and data structures
• Familiarity with databases (relational/document/etc.) including NoSQL databases
• Familiarity with distributed systems
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a passion for learning and problem solving
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Math
Matlen Silver is the hardest working staffing team in the U.S. We do what we know is right for consultants and companies, creating a unique and powerful recruiting and talent experience. We don’t just say we’re hard-working. We are. We don’t just invest in great people, we invest in people with guts, who don’t stand alone with integrity, but together as one united front. Our core is a powerhouse that can’t be described but should be experienced.