· Versatile Front Office Developer to assist a global team of working directly with the Fixed Income Traders and Quantitative Strategists in Global FICC (Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities).
· This is a front office IT role with direct interaction with the quant business strategists, front line traders, and trade support as well as the larger IT community that supports the trading desks.
· Successful candidate will be working on multiplatform applications.
· The essential skills give the candidate a foothold in each of these areas and a great chance to grow as well as lead.
· We do not have business analysts and as such the candidate will need to be able to gather complex requirements directly from the users and support, then implement them independently, and automatically regression test.
· Work with the trading desk, support and quants to analyze requirements, maximize personal interactions in a global world.
· Rapidly turn requirements into high quality applications which are robust enough for a trading desk and minimize risk.
· Take responsibility for code personally by understanding the application, while staying focused on development of new code
· Be prepared to work with minimal supervision and without detailed specifications
· Contribute to the larger IT community. We operate an open source policy, and everybody can see everybody else’s code.
· Be interested in finance and motivated to continually learn on the job
· We are looking for an experienced Python programmer
· Python 3.7, Pandas, KDB, AMPS, MQ
· Object oriented and concurrent programming skills
· The candidate must also possess excellent business knowledge, ideally in fixed income or index-based products, and must have been exposed to working in a demanding user environment such as a trading floor.
· Credit Derivatives, Options, ETF
· Our team relies on technical excellence, independent action-based leadership, and well-defined plans.
· Candidate must have hands-on Python work experience.
· Understand the agile development process, what is good about it, and apply accordingly.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with IT colleagues and our quant/business partners
· Must plan and define work through brief but exact descriptions in order to clearly define intents and commitments
· Experience with financial products, particularly in at least one area of fixed income: Credit, Bonds, Mortgages, EM or Rates