Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
- Responsible for developing POCs using tools and technologies that are not currently in use in the application area.
- Responsible for developing software in Python, object-oriented database and grid using proprietary Quartz platform.
- Responsible for building REST web services
- Responsible for designing interface between UI and REST service.
- Responsible for building data-grid centric UI based on Angular framework.
- Participating fully in the development process through the entire software life cycle.
- Participating fully in Agile software development process
- 3+ years of Python experience (Python 3.7 experience required)
- 7+ years of overall technology experience
- Experience with Git, npm, Angular (5.x or later)
- Experience with financial instruments and Price Verification processes is desirable.
- Experience with grid computing and high data volume
- Experience with object-oriented database
- Experience doing test-driven development, functional testing and continuous integration is desirable
- We prefer people with experience across a range of languages and technologies, especially C++/Java and Python.
- Strong written and verbal communications