Our client, a dynamic, fast growing and an industry leading software company, has an excellent opportunity available for a Python Engineer to work on Full-Time permanent position in midtown Atlanta, GA. This client writes and implements award-winning cutting edge business software which uses machine learning, big data analytics, and artificial intelligence technology. You will be responsible for working to implement, integrate and customize this software for client project engagements. The salary is $115K to $120K a year for a senior level professional and $70K-$75K for a junior/mid-level person. The position pays a 7%-15% quarterly bonus based on individual performance. Other than 1-2 weeks of initial training, travel will be only occasional. The position has excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, disability, PTO, etc. Responsibilities of the Python Engineer:
- Work as an Implementation engineer responsible for the integration of software for clients working heavily with Python development
- Work with other technologies such as RHEL/Linux/CentOS, Python, MongoDB, Hadoop Ecosystem technologies, and Data Science technologies
- End-to-end deployment and configuration of platforms on-premise or hosted in the cloud.
- Reviewing the test coverage of customer projects to ensure the quality of the code delivered to customers.
- Supporting customers and colleagues throughout the lifecycle of a customer deployment, from initial engagement to post-live support and maintenance.
- Assisting with designing and documenting suitable customer solutions using an in-depth understanding of a customer-s core business problem.
- Devising the best way to deploy and configure the platform to meet customer needs, identifying custom and repeatable changes that this would produce.
- Encouraging good development practices and code quality, leading by example in areas such as test-driven development, good quality documentation, and test automation.
- Developing plugin modules, e.g. for data ingestion or transformation.
- Working closely with development, data science, and QA staff to ensure new features are built, tested, and deployed for a customer on time.
- Occasionally traveling on-site to a customer-s environment - the US or abroad. Requirements for the Python Engineer:
- Strong skills in Python Development - ability to deliver production-quality Python code in a Linux environment.
- Linux command line skills
- Strong academic background in a relevant discipline, e.g., Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering.
- Experience in or ability to work in an Ops/Integration role in the tech industry.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to a range of different audiences - from highly technical to non-technical business owners. Key Words:
Linux, CentOS, RHEL, Bash, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Kafka, RESTful web services, Hadoop, Big Data, JSON, SQL, MongoDB, Git, Gitlab, AWS, Hadoop, CI/CD, Jenkins, Team City
Please send your MS Word resume to Ben Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call me at 770-399-4508 for immediate consideration. Position not eligible for Visa Sponsorship Job #: