We are seeking an experienced Python Programmer to support the development of scientific data analysis software for the NASA/ESA Solar Orbiter (SO) mission. This is a full-time position based at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.Position duties:
- Become familiar with the SunPy (https://sunpy.org) open-source Python library for Solar Physics data analysis and visualization.
- Expand the capability of the SO SPICE instrument software to read data into a graphical user interface (GUI) using modern Python libraries.
- Update the SPICE data reader with the latest version of the Python ndcube package designed for handling n-dimensional datacubes.
- Develop new Python software tools and improve existing tools as necessary to analyze data from the SO SPICE instrument.
- Troubleshoot, track, and resolve technical issues.
- Work with users to improve existing features and develop new applications.
- Maintain software using the Git version control system.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology (or equivalent degree/diploma).
- Python programming with experience in GUI development using libraries such as Tkinter and PyQt5 (at least two years).
- Git version control system.
- Familiarity working with astronomy datasets is a plus.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Team ADNET brings over 30 years of experience to information systems and professional services for the federal government. With a history of expertise in software development, computer network design, IT security, mission operations support, and educational outreach, Team ADNET is deeply embedded in the Space and Earth Science at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is working with Goddard Space Flight Center to fulfill NASA's vision for space exploration, and working with the Science and Exploration Directorate to fulfill its many missions.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is an employee-centric company, committed to providing premier benefits that support our employees and their families. With affordable medical and dental plans coupled with leading disability and life insurance options, ADNET offers our employees the benefits most sought after by today's professional candidate. Furthermore, our benefits package features the extras that distinguish us from other small businesses, ensuring our high employee retention that our customers appreciate. Some features of our compensation plans and environment perks include:
- Annual Leave/Sick Leave
- Military and Family Emergency Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Performance Bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- 401K Plan with Company Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Swag bags