Primary Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer, who can contribute in the role of Quality Engineering. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement.
- Define overall test strategy for assigned features.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations and help rollout changes
- Write best in class code to automate testing for your assigned feature areas
- Ability to not only find a defect but also to narrow it down to the root cause.
- This position does require experience to do manual testing as well
- Participates in test design and test systems architecture discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are related to domain area
- Document defects effectively and work with Development team to triage and troubleshoot defects
- Identify project risks, dependencies and be able to provide alternatives yielding reduced risk
The ideal candidate will have solid technical background and ability to provide technical leadership. You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
In addition, you must possess:
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Python Java, JS, CSS, HTML, SQL
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end web application flows and tiers.
- Strong knowledge of Java application development and testing
- Experience with test automation tools such as WebDriver or corresponding UI automation technologies is a plus
- Experience in Rest APIs preferred. (Understanding contracts and developing automation against contracts/mocks)
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time with good quality.