NOTES FROM MANAGER:
More of a QA role with a bit of BA…
Will be working with Quality from an SDLC perspective…rolling out enterprise types of standards
Right now, their standards and guidelines are all over the place!
Will be collecting information from the teams…not really an auditing role, but need to be able to facilitate conversations, go to teams to see how they’re tracking their defects – see how they’re implementing their standards, processes and guidelines
Technical background – definitely need to feel more comfortable
SDLC experience will also be helpful
Work on making suggestions…looking at how these teams are adopting those strategies and guidelines
• Develop and maintain an-depth understanding of current and new standards, practices and guides.
• Work closely with development community to determine inspection points for monitoring and measurement to ensure standards and practices are implemented.
• Develop process for reviews, data collection, measurement and reporting.
• Coordinate and communicate the scheduling of reviews with teams, and conduct the reviews in a consistent, efficient, and objective manner.
• Identify quality issues that call for attention, and provide guidance to teams on actions needed for compliance including the timeframe and expectations.
• Communicate results to designated contacts and management, with a meaningful summary and explanation of standards exceptions and status.
• Liaise with management to address questions/issues from the process and results.• Perform follow up reviews and monitoring of standards non-compliance and deficiencies identified and practice maturity.
• Develop risk management strategies and employ coaching techniques to help teams avoid non-compliance and to address gaps in the delivery processes.
• Develop recommendations for revisions to standards and practices and make presentations to management and department staff.
• Ensure the review process reflects new and revised standards.
• Prepare material and assist with communications to aid in training and education of team members and stakeholders involved in the compliance review process.
• Foster and encourage a culture of continuous improvement and software quality assurance at the client site.
• Associate’s or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, products, technical and business knowledge with limited supervision.
• Willing to share knowledge and experiences to facilitate continuous improvement.
• Good initiative and organization skills.
• Good customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills. Ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with a geographically dispersed team in a cross-functional environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast- paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliverables
• Intermediate knowledge, understanding, and experience working with written requirements, including use cases and supplementary specifications.
• Intermediate understanding and application of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Good practical understanding of software delivery methodology and quality assurance processes.
• Proficient technical skills and proficiency with computer applications, including MS Office (Excel, etc.), as well as data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau).
• Minimum of four years of direct experience working in various disciplines of the SDLC such as a tester for an application integration and/or application product release required
• Understanding and application of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies preferred.
• Proven experience leading and facilitating team meetings and work sessions with technical and non-technical participants at all levels of the organization
• Practical experience with a variety of test tools and methods to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.