QA Tester - Data
At tap|QA, We Test. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing QA and Test Automation-focused consulting firms in the country. We are currently seeking Data Testers for multiple projects with our organization!
- Accountable for data testing execution for assigned entities including test scenario script identification, test scenario script writing, and test scenario script execution
- Support the authoring and updating key Data Migration deliverables including data migration requirements documents and data mapping spreadsheets per assigned entity
- Generate test data for short and long-term application needs
- Writes queries to provide a high confidence level of migration accuracy
- Participate on Agile team as QA member
- Review requirements and clarify requirements
- Create and execute data test plans/scripts/scenarios
- Log and track defects through to resolution
- Minimum of 4 years of QA testing experience
- Well-versed in testing methods and data testing
- Experience with RDMS and NoSQL databases
- Testing of large data sets using manual and automated tests.
- Experience testing Data and understanding Web Services and API
- Ability to review a solution and build a test plan on all information points, accounting for data variances, schema (data type) adherence, business rules, etc.
- Have strong communication skills; to be able to show and drive remote meetings, if necessary, with various levels of audiences (developers, SMEs, business users and/or management)
- Using Excel or other desktop tools to provide proof of testing
- Demonstrated ability to testing and QA activities
- Experience with MS SQL Server (SSMS)
- Experience with CLI (command line interface) in Linux, SSH, scripting languages (bash, python)
- Understanding of Hadoop workflows, review Hadoop logs
- Experience with Hadoop Cloudera environment (using Impala)
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including a competitive salary and full suite of benefits including healthcare, dental insurance, and a 401K match. We also offer an incredibly fun work environment and a remarkable opportunity to grow your skills and enhance your career as a test engineer! Come see how tap|QA has rapidly become a national thought leader in testing the “tough stuff!”
We’d love to talk with you further. Come explore tap|QA, we are confident you will love what you discover!
In just over 5 years, tap|QA has become the leading provider of Quality Assurance consulting services in the Twin Cities. We have been named to both the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 List as well as Inc. Magazine’s Inc 5000 three times each, making us one of the fastest growing consulting firms not just in Minnesota, but nationwide.
We love what we do and have a FUN time doing it!! Join us!
tap|QA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, tap|QA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical Demands of the role:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- Must have the ability to work 100% of the time in an indoor office setting.
- The person in this role will occasionally move about inside the office to attend meetings, access office machinery, etc.
- Constantly uses a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with others verbally and via technological communication (including email and phone) and must be able to accurately convey information.
Please note: this job description is subject to change at any time.