QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Daily Tasks Performed :
1. Align with the QA processes defined within the QA team through all phases of the STLC.
2.Good SQL knowledge to work with Datamart and data profiling
3.Good working knowledge of testing tools: HP-ALM, JIRA, Selenium etc
4. Communicate to the QA manager /QA team on the project test activities.
5. Perform automated web-service validation using SOAP UI
6. Co-ordinate test activities with multiple stake holders of the project during all test phases.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status
- Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs
- Documents all problems and assists in their resolution
- Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or field or equivalent work experience.
- Broad knowledge of QA practices, policies and methodologies
- Broad knowledge in creating and maintaining Quality Assurance documentation (Test plan, test cases/scripts, defect reports/analysis, etc.)
- Strong ability in using QA functional and performance testing tools to create, maintain, and execute test scripts
- Broad knowledge in SQL using Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Strong ability to multi task and perform testing on multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong ability to self direct with a high degree of initiative, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Strong ability to document and concisely communicate problems to developers
- Broad knowledge of technical writing / technical reporting
- Broad understanding of automated testing
- Broad knowledge of technical and programming skills
- Strong ability in Release/Build engineering
2 to 3 years system development, testing, and/or business experience
Daily Tasks Performed
Align with the QA process from the team and good SQL knowledge desired
Software tester with good SQL and datamart experience.
Unique Skill Sets Desired
QA Tester with Strong SQL skills , Data profiling, Data modelling and Datamart experience preferred.
El Segundo, CA, 90245