A major Energy company in Denver is looking for a Software QA Analyst.
-3-5 Years of Manual Testing experience.
-2 Years Automation Experience, Unit Testing, C#
-A degree in computer science or computer engineering / formal academic experience with software development.
-Can perform manual tests and has a strong understanding of QA.
-Understands software development life cycle.
-Ideally someone that at least understands automation.
-STRONG COMMUNICATION ABILITIES.
- Comfortable working in a SAFe Agile environment.
-They are a high performance culture and value input from the individuals into everyday process
- Everyone has complete visibility into planning and why they are doing things etc.
Official Job Description:
Are you interested in a career opportunity with a growing software company? We are dedicated to providing a positive culture where the ability to learn, collaborate, and make a difference is rewarded. We have a fast-paced, innovative culture where employees are empowered to provide a superior experience for internal and external customers.
We are currently developing our solutions on mobile and in the cloud! More than 1,600 companies from around the world use our solutions every day to manage their land assets, measure and process financial information, optimize production, and manage their reserves.
We are seeking a Software QA Analyst to be part of our Denver team. This position is responsible for working in a diverse, demanding computing environment which requires strong analytical ability, flexibility, communication, and interpersonal skills. This position will be responsible for participating in the design and implementation of manual and automated tests to validate web applications and services. An ideal candidate must have a passion for diving into data, technology, be a problem solver, have a desire to improve software quality within an agile team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work as a member of an agile team to develop automated tests by analyzing user stories, acceptance criteria, participating in design reviews and collaborating with the Developers, Product Owners, and Business Analysts.
* Generate and update test plans that validate the implementation of specifications and uses cases.
* Conduct graphical user interface (GUI), functionality workflow, stress, performance, regression, integrated, and installation testing on assigned products for releases.
* Learn and apply company testing methodology - Plan the tests, execute the tests, and document the results.
* Conduct manual testing on products when necessary. Less manual = better!
* Review user documentation and online help files for accuracy.
* Participate in weekly product & QA meetings.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology or related discipline.
* 3 - 5 years of experience as a QA in the software development life cycle.
* 2 Years of Automation Experience.
* Unit Testing Experience.
* Selenium or similar tool.
* Capable of developing automated tests, test plans, and test cases.
* SQL query writing and troubleshooting skills as well as strong analytical skills.
* Eager to learn new skills and acquire knowledge, especially automated testing for web applications.
* Ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams.
* Understanding of QA processes and methodologies in a software development environment.
* Understanding of web applications and relational databases.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
------------------------------- SOFT SKILLS:
* Strong Communication is very important.
* Need to be comfortable communicating with the development team and BA's (They are a SAFe Agile Environment. Person needs to be very comfortable with open communication across the board).
* Confidence communicating ideas.
* Agile experience/knowledge preferred but not mandatory.
* Huge plus if they have education in computer science and understanding of the software development life cycle.
* Unit Testing experience is a huge plus.
Please note: Assessment testing may be required for this position.
We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation structure. We have a positive culture designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. We are dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities, and we would love to talk to you further!