Position: QA Analyst
Location: Malden, MA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 9 months
Spruce Technology is a mid-size and rapidly-growing Information Technology services firm headquartered in New Jersey. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, Smart CEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of commercial and government clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT strategy consulting nationwide.
Spruce Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, pregnancy, race, creed, color, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- 8+ years of experience testing in one or more of the following environments: BI Testing, RDBMS testing, UI testing for SSRS and/or Tableau, Cognos, Power BI and Functional testing.
- 8+ years of experience with any major RDBMS, preferably Oracle Server, and the ability to write SQL queries using table joins
- Advanced knowledge of testing tools like Robot Framework, JMeter, LoadRunner, RFT and Selenium.
- 8+ year experience testing BI Reports
- 8+ years of experience as a software quality assurance specialist
- At least 3 year of experience with web services APIs and complex data structures.
- Strong knowledge of a typical Agile, SDLC, and SQA methodology
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write quality defects and work directly with developers to resolve the defects
- Extensive BI report automation testing experience.
- Testing experience in different web browsers on various operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a strong testing aptitude.
- Experience testing databases and knowledge of advance SQL queries.
- Project life cycle experience in a structured development methodology.
- Experience working on web applications for public release.
- Hands-on testing experience with web services and SOA interfaces.
- Experience in testing and evaluating vendor-supplied software.
- Experience dealing with performance bottlenecks and experience with performance analysis.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and development experience would be a plus.
- At least 5 year of experience with COTS testing tools such as Silk, Robot Framework, RFT, QTP, Selenium or LoadRunner preferably LoadRunner, RFT and Selenium.
- Knowledge on ETL tool like ODI or informatica
- Experience related to educational standards, curriculum frameworks and teaching applications would be a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies, program changes, or production requirements.
If interested, please forward a current copy of your resume with contact information to (Durga/ 973 324 7923/ dashok AT sprucetech DOT net)