Responsible for developing, establishing, and delivering Software Quality Assurance (SQA) services and measures to continually improve the overall quality of software products and solutions. These services include process maturity assessments, test planning, test execution, and test management and reporting to ensure software products and solutions meet the specified requirements and work as expected. Incumbents will provide SQA services to assure quality of new and existing products through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle while ensuring compliance with organizational policy and adoption of industry best practices.
• Develops, establishes, and leads the application of quality assurance testing practices and measures for highly complex software throughout the development/product lifecycle in alignment with System, department, and industry standards.
• Leads the SQA strategy development and planning by setting achievable goals, and preparing recommendations and implementation plans to address areas for quality improvement.
• Manages all quality assurance and quality control objectives for multiple projects and releases including the SQA strategy development, planning and execution, risk analysis, test case management, reporting of testing progress/status, defect management, and test data management for the test environments.
• Provides direction and guidance to quality assurance team members to ensure software quality assurance activities are aligned with the business and project objectives to deliver successful results.
• Accountable for results relative to scope, quality, time and budget.
• Responsible for developing, establishing, and delivering Software Quality Assurance (SQA) services and measures to continually improve the overall quality of software products and solutions. These services include process maturity assessments, test planning, test execution, and test management and reporting to ensure software products and solutions meet the specified requirements and work as expected.
• Incumbents will provide SQA services to assure quality of new and existing products through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle while ensuring compliance with organizational policy and adoption of industry best practice.
• Leads SQA team members in the development and execution of test plans and scripts to ensure the applications meet business requirements, systems goals, and end- user needs; identifies and tracks existing or potential issues along with a recommended course of action and/or options.
• Leads and facilitates meetings to provide focus and direction to ensure software quality assurance tasks and activities are on track with plans.
• Promotes cross-team communication to address and resolve issues.
• Consults with customer partners and develops cooperative relationships to understand and fulfill demand for testing services and provides leadership by building and evolving the testing capability and service offerings.
• Cultivates and shares knowledge of quality assurance best practices and experiences to facilitate continuous improvement.
• Proposes and champions process and technology changes to continually improve organizational efficiency.
• Liaises with vendors and suppliers to evaluate software quality assurance applications. Prepares and provides recommendations.
• Mentors and leads Software Quality Assurance analysts to grow and develop the SQA competency.
• Consistently demonstrates leadership qualities and skills necessary to provide guidance and direction for staff to effectively perform a broad range of tasks from routine to a high level of complexity.
• Demonstrates skills to make sound recommendations and decisions based on expert knowledge and experience.
• Leads/directs the work of one or more team members.
• Provides leadership on projects with a high complexity, which includes new application or environmental services and technologies.
• Ability to review and make recommendations on written and oral communications for other Technical Testing staff.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal, oral communications, customer relations and writing skills.
• Excellent problem resolution skills.
• Bachelors degree in related computer technology and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a role coordinating testing of application and environmental changes or 10 years’ experience in a role coordinating.
• Software quality assurance certification from an industry recognized organization such as the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) or QAI Global Institute strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of AIX Operating System, including directories and commands.
• Strong knowledge of WAS, MQ, Connect Direct, and Secure Transport.
• Strong knowledge with systems utilizing DB2 and Oracle databases.
• Strong knowledge of Shell scripting and HP Quality Test Professional automated test scripting.
• Experience leading resolution of complex problems under stressful situations.
• Advanced knowledge of test management or application life cycle management tools to conduct test planning, execution, reporting and defect tracking preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Financial Transaction Manager from IBM, either for Checks or ACH.