Dynamics of the Role
This analyst position is responsible for independently conducting test processes for testing projects. In addition, this position ensures that the documentation of test results is complete and accurate. At this level, an associate acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Additionally, associates at this level fully understand all concepts and applications of quality assurance testing and performs all of the regular functions commonly required in quality assurance testing. Testing expertise is acknowledged by their peers and application and/or domain knowledge is deemed outstanding by business and technical customers. The Team's Focus
STS is focused on bringing quality to TransUnion applications. STS works with both the business team and technology teams to ensure a great customer experience. By using industry leading practices, data, and technology solutions the team builds quality into the software delivery life cycle. We value continued innovation and seek to make our delivery more efficient and cost effective. We look for people who have a passion for quality and have the ability to collaborate within a team to delight our customers with our technology solutions. How You'll Contribute:
Qualifications What You'll Bring:
- Collaborate with a team to produce all of the Quality Assurance deliverables including thoughtful development of test plans and test scenarios
- Write and execute manual tests
- Recommend and build appropriate test automation where needed
- Write, monitor, execute, and evaluate application tests using industry standard automated testing tools.
- Work within an agile team and collaborate with the team to ensure quality software
- Perform web service testing utilizing manual and automated methods
- Create scripts to compare and validate data results from testing.
- Work with the team to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts and the automated testing environments.
- Work closely with the team to ensure issues/defects are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot defects and manage defect tracking and resolution processes so that defects are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Build strong relationships across IT and business teams
- Ensure sufficient test coverage for all user stories
- Perform both scripted and exploratory test execution
- Implement necessary test processes on projects, write test plans , procedures, and scripts, analyze test results
- Communicate and provide documentation throughout the project lifecycle that advises the project teams of potential risk areas
Who We Are
- 1-3+ years of QA experience
- Basic understanding of coding practices ( .Net/C#, SQL, and object oriented principles)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience working as part of an agile team
- Some experience with test automation
- Experience testing web services using SoapUI or a similar tool
- Basic understanding of good quality testing techniques
- Strong use of MS office and Test management systems
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and processes
- Demonstrated success in delivering on-time with quality
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.