The QA Analyst develops strategies for the testing of and executes tests for programs, application modules and products of increasing complexity created by the Development Department using systematic quality assurance techniques. The Analyst has the primary responsibility for validating that defined business functionality is appropriately implemented. In this role you will also be responsible for the development and execution of test plans that result in the release of high quality code. The Analyst provides support for various modules to customers, peers and management with diagnostic troubleshooting assistance and strives to further organizational and company goals.
Latham, New York
- Test and validate program modules of increasing complexity to meet specifications and procedures standards and ensuring that the acceptance criteria were met.
- Conduct thorough and accurate testing of web-based and mobile applications.
- Perform field testing of tablet application with a large focus on testing while driving.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases of typically basic complexity for all testing assignments.
- Adhere to and assist in the development of standards and procedures.
- Assist with reviewing and editing test case scripts and writing queries.
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Validate software releases of basic complexity prior to distribution.
- Execute on automated test scripts and evaluate.
- Perform regression testing. Be an Advocate for your Users and all of the different personas that use our products.
- Proactively and objectively evaluate our processes and designs with an eye that is looking for improvement.
- Triage incoming issues, occasionally offering production support as needed. Collaborate and Communicate
- Present your designs and proposals to internal and external stakeholders to uncover additional use cases, objections, and suggestions.
- Participate in cross-departmental product meetings
- Assist with documenting and executing black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Prior experience in software quality assurance required; Tyler software or related experience helpful.
- Knowledge of best practices, procedures and software development lifecycles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with clients business issues.
- Fast learner of new tools, processes and methodologies.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills involving sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Clean New York State driver s license and ability to drive
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices preferred.
- Familiarity with basic coding and/or scripting is required.
- Full software development lifecycle familiarity is strongly preferred.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work streams effectively.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record of delivering successful results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving the ability to communicate verbally and in writing technical and non-technical information.
- Firm knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and query writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team.
- Ability to maintain a test environment effectively with regards to products, tools, data and related aspects.
Requisition Number: 4518393