The QA Architect will be responsible for designing and maintaining testing frameworks to successfully establish effective performance, security, and automated testing solutions. This individual will provide technical leadership to a team of functional QA Analysts and Automation Engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop a scalable performance and security testing framework.
- Create a standard framework for functional testing and automation testing. Work with Automation Engineers and Software Developers to establish and maintain a roadmap to develop and integrate further automation, performance, and security testing.
- Research and recommend new tools, techniques, and testing methodologies as needed to improve productivity and quality of work.
- Provides regular updates with respect to progress on tasks and projects. Perform root cause analysis of complex issues.
- Provides end user support as needed to resolve production issues. Provides on-call coverage and/or on-site support during peak election periods.
- Documents, tracks and communicates software test plans, test results, analyses and unresolved problems.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems) preferred
Experience: 7+ years’ experience including:
- Experience in programming techniques and practices applicable to company targeted projects
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with common data structures and algorithms
- Experience with and ability to apply Object Oriented Analysis and/or Structured Analysis
- Experience in UI and API test automation
- Experience with use and administration of source code repositories
- Ability to collaborate with a multifunctional team
- Ability to analyze problems and design, implement and test appropriate solutions to problems
- Ability to document and communicate technical information for consumption by managers and associates
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form including abstract and/or concrete
- “Thinking outside the box”: Ability to provide constructive feedback beyond the scope of the assigned task.