REI is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Automation Architect to design and implement robust automation frameworks utilizing industry best practices / modern testing & automation processes. The ideal candidate will be a proven hands-on leader in testing and test automation strategy and architecture.
This role will be responsible for increasing our testing scalability and capacity across our QA teams by establishing automation as a foundational element to reduce cycle times and increase testing effectiveness at all stages. This includes unit, integration, systems, usability, functionality, performance, Section 508, load, regression, scalability, UAT and other types of testing. This role will be instrumental in defining an approach to enable QA automation for multiple interrelated applications, including software components (both on-premises & SaaS) as well as physical hardware to be tested in unison throughout the development process. This person will work with a team of QA Engineers who perform both manual and automated testing; this involves providing guidance and mentoring to new & existing QA staff. This position collaborates tightly with Project Management and Product Owners to align our QA automation process to the needs of individual project teams while providing transparency of quality risks to Project Management
- Establish the strategy, and approach to achieve our QA automation vision; this involves providing the definition, development, and deployment of our QA automation strategy while addressing all phases of the automation roadmap.
- Provide architectural assessments and strategies for automating a variety of applications including Web Applications, Web Services, Batch Processing and System-to-System Interfaces
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Develop the test case automation planning process, tools, documentation needs, and the implementation process to meet delivery deadlines and drive efficiency.
- Define our test automation approach by analyzing existing methods for improvement opportunities (including modernization) while transforming our processes to leverage automation as the foundation of our testing methodology.
- Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Evaluate / establish testing platforms & tools to modernize our ability to release software effectively; this involves implementing new software testing automation & deployment tools.
- Evaluate the current state of baseline and regression testing for existing applications and continually improve our test suites & coverage.
- Ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements; work closely with other teams regarding roadmap and release schedule
- Create and maintain appropriate load and stress testing environments.
- Directly supervise and coach a team of Quality Assurance Engineers; this includes the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations as well as career development activities.
- Develop and manage QA metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline required
- 8 years of professional experience working in Software Quality Assurance.
- 2 years of professional experience in team leadership while being hands-on with technology.
- Previous experience architecting and implementing automated frameworks; experience working as a Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET] in DevSecOps model is strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing continuous testing frameworks (e.g: Cucumber, Selenium, WebdriverIO, etc) into modern CI/CD pipelines (e.g.: Jenkins etc.) and test case management tools (e.g.: TestRail, etc.)
- Experience working with managing both manual and automated software testing operations
- Experience working with complex technology solutions that have both hardware and software components
- Experience working with a variety of software products (preferably with both on-premises & SaaS solutions)
- Experience working with modern software development methodologies; experience working with Agile (especially Scrum and/or Kanban) is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to motivate, organize, and inspire the team.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the proven ability to detail and convey findings in a concise manner.
- Proficient in authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents.
- Strong attention to detail, preferably with a highly risk-adverse mindset.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized, especially with a proven ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Location: Hybrid with 2-3 days a week in Sterling office
Covid Policy Disclosure: Should the essential functions of this position require that the employee performing this role work on-site at REI’s Sterling location the following requirements will apply: the individual holding this position must be fully vaccinated, as defined in CDC guidance, as a condition of continued employment. REI will consider requests to be excused from this policy whenever necessary to comply with legal requirements and will consider any requests for reasonable accommodations due to a disability, religion, or other exemptions on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. Employees and applicants requesting accommodations should request the accommodation in writing and should explain in detail the reasons why they are seeking an accommodation. REI will request additional information or documentation it deems necessary to inform its decision on an employee’s or applicant’s accommodation request.
EEO Statement: REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)