Hello- One of our transforming FinTech SaaS clients in the Downtown San Diego area hasd reached out to us to help recruit for a talented QA Developer/SDET. Please inquire ASAP to hear more about this great opportunity...
The QA Developer Engineer in Test reports to the Chief Technology Officer and is a member of the Kanban and Agile teams responsible for requirements, design, construction, integration, and maintenance of their software products. This role requires a proactive approach toward team ownership or each user story commitment while sharing a common vision of teamwork and efficiency, as well as ensuring software testing efforts follow best practices for both short and longer term goals.
- Engaged in application software testing activities designed to certify that developed software meets the stated requirements and is free of defects prior to implementation in to the production environment.
- Certify software for functionality, load and performance, usability and conformance with their technical standards.
- Test planning, test case/script design, test systems/subsystems, test automation development, test case development, test execution and defect fix validation.
- Creation of API automated test suites using Postman.
- Creation of load/capacity tests.
- Work with Developers and Technical Support to assist in their resolution of critical defects.
- Deliver results in test execution, and defect management and implementation.
- Utilize advanced knowledge in the application of QA techniques related to computer systems, analysis, and programming.
- Perform leadership activities for QA projects -- test planning, scheduling and assigning testing tasks, team coaching, and technical testing activities.
- Work closely with QA Team to define the test plan strategy for test case development, test automation and test management.
- Able to manage high capacity workload
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with short cycle times
- Actively update test cases within Xray - Regression Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Exploratory Testing, and Load Testing
- Have working knowledge of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) with Azure DevOps
- Must be able to quickly learn new technology and be efficient in swarming
Automated Testing Infrastructure
- Selenium WebDriver
- Hybrid Framework: Data & Keyboard Driven framework
- Performance/Load testing with Jmeter
- IDE: Visual Studio
- Automation Tool: Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, Azure CI/CD
- Proactively seeks guidance from SME's
- Willing to take balance the current workload while training on new technologies
- Self-motivating to learn new technologies
- Contributes to positive learning environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities, and continuously builds knowledge and skills. Understands how framework decisions may dictate and impact development workflow, and designs accordingly.
- Teamwork - Shares expertise with others. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Mentoring/Training - Seeks and provides mentoring/training opportunities. Recognizes different learning styles and alters approach according to audience. Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Attention to Detail - Remembers small details that would otherwise bog down user story progress and accounts for them up front.
- Communication - Demonstrates ability to talk to the level of audience. Writes audience-appropriate documentation in clear, concise, easily understood language.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in a group problem solving situations.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- >5 years' SDLC experience preferred.
- API Automation
- Basic T-SQL Knowledge
- Performance/Load testing
- AWS infrastructure knowledge
- Experience testing containerized applications (Docker)