At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH intends to radically disrupt the Wireless industry landscape and is in search of a QA Engineer for Systems and Tools such as our NexsysOne Wireless Deployment tool. This position will work as part of our Wireless Deployment team responsible for overall management and execution of the implementation and continued maintenance of Systems and Tools for a new 5G Network roll out. This position will be part of an exciting team which is building a Wireless industry leading tool which will enable DISH to build its Greenfield 5G network faster and more cost efficiently than has ever been done in the industry. This team is a key component to the success of DISH's wireless buildout.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert by fully understanding processes and their impact on the overall business while consistently populating a knowledge repository to share information with others.
- Work directly with internal customers to understand their needs and assist them in User Acceptance Testing.
- Onboard and train new users on Systems and Tools such as NexsysOne.
- Ensure continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices are followed to maximize speed and quality. Key technologies may include Gitlab, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Triage and troubleshoot complex issues in multiple software environments. Key technologies may include AWS, Unix/Linux, and VMWare.
- Monitor performance and determine improvement areas by developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for critical department metrics.
- Implement and utilize production and lab alerting and monitoring solutions. Key technologies may include Python, Elastic (ELK), Grafana, Prometheus, and VictorOps.
- Communicate directly with the team, internal customers & stakeholders, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Brainstorm ways to continuously improve the system.
- Draft workflows, requirements, and technical specification documents for application software.
- Write detailed architecture and design documents and perform solution option comparisons.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
A successful QA Engineer will have the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate among departments to understand their needs and solve their problems.
- Ability to train corporate, regional, and field personnel to use the system efficiently.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems, identify bugs, relate to development, and test fixes.
- Growth mindset: Proven ability to quickly learn new concepts, processes, software and development ideas.
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or a related field.
- Five or more years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, and/or Support Engineer.
- Ability to travel and be on-call 24/7.
The following additional qualifications are a plus:
- Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in Wireless Network Rollout / Integration / Operations and Maintenance.
- Experience working with NexsysOne or similar Wireless Network Deployment tools.
Compensation: $80,000.00/Yr. - $120,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.