As an integral part of a small development team, the QA Automation Engineer adds value to the IT Department’s quality assurance by developing and executing automated tests for custom web based applications. Candidate must be able to work independently, yet collaborate with peer engineers, QA analysts, developers, and business/systems analysts.
Essential duties include:
- Familiarization with the underlying business and its software applications.
- Assess feasibility and ROI of automating tests.
- Transform manual test cases into suitable designs for automated tests.
- Design, develop, maintain, and execute automated functional regression test scripts using Unified Functional Testing tool (UFT); use and extend the existing automation framework as appropriate.
- Manually validate and report defects detected by the automated tests.
- Assist with manual testing as needed to help QA team meet schedules.
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for automated tests and their designs.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Medium degree of coding proficiency with UFT, LeanFT, (or other similar tool like Selenium) on web applications, and fluency with VB Script. Skilled at design and coding of library functions with strong emphasis on re usability. Familiar with advanced techniques in GUI object recognition including custom controls.
- Responsible individual with strong communications & self-organizing skills.
- 5 + years’ experience working in a commercial software development environment with emphasis on web & .NET development.
- Experience with performance modeling, creating scenarios/workloads, and coding performance scripts using a commercial automated load/performance testing tool (e.g., LoadRunner, JMeter, SilkPerformer, etc.)
- Familiar with Charles or Fiddler API debugging tools
- Familiar with QA phase of traditional SDLC, including test case development, RTM, etc.
- 5 years’ experience developing automated tests for web services.
- Working knowledge of networks, server administration, & messaging systems.
Experience with SQL query development, MS SQL Server environment preferred.