What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver's seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
The Healthcare IT group within TransUnion provides strategic engineering, quality assurance and technical support for TransUnion's fastest-growing division-Healthcare. This QA Engineer role will focus on one of our wide range of solutions: Insurance Discovery, a services platform to find insurance coverage for uncompensated care. This will be done through the use of your knowledge in conducting testing tasks related to the delivery of software features and preparing the application for production releases.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
We're also looking for the preferred skills below. Whether you are proficient or could use some brushing up, we're happy to support your development in:
- 2-5 years of experience with exposure to both automation and manual testing
- Experience writing test code in C# and using Visual Studio
- Strong SQL skills and use of SQL Server
- Experience writing automated tests using Selenium
- Experience testing web services
Impact You'll Make:
- Knowledge of a BDD framework like Cucumber or SpecFlow
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Understanding of continuous integration/continuous deployment and experience with Jenkins or Octopus
- Collaborate with a team to produce all of the Quality Assurance deliverables including thoughtful development of test plans and test scenarios
- Assist with the development and maintenance of any of smoke, performance, functional, and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed
- Own the test automation framework and build appropriate test automation where needed
- Write, monitor, execute, and evaluate application tests using industry standard automated testing tools
- Develop and automate processes for gathering of expected results from data sources and comparing data results from testing
- Set up data, tools, and databases to facilitate the testing process
- Review stored procedures and C# code
- Work within an agile team and collaborate with the team to ensure quality software
- Work with the team to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts and the automated testing environments.
- Work closely with the team to ensure issues/defects are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot defects and manage defect tracking and resolution processes
- Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Ensure sufficient test coverage for all user stories
- Perform both scripted and exploratory test execution
- Analyze systems and perform usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements.
- Communicate and provide documentation throughout the project lifecycle that advises the project teams of potential risk areas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Analyst, Quality Assurance